The first two Nate Banks books hit stores this weekend... or at least hit Barnes and Noble. I'm not sure why Borders didn't have them in stock. Their computers said they'd be getting them in "April 2010" so I guess there's still 20 hours left to make good on that.
But now that the book is in stores, I thought I'd help promoted it with one of those posters full of quotes from reviews of the books, including some from my mom, sister, and grandmother (which will give you some insight into the family that raised me).Other quotes I considered:
- "There's some people at my work who want to read it. Can you give me some free copies?"
- "How much do you get paid a book?"
- "Is there any way Scholastic can give us some promo copies we don't have to pay for in case no one wants to buy them at your signing?"
- "I don't understand the story and the author uses a lot of big words. You can give this book to someone else, maybe somebody older who understands this boring stuff. One of the characters was really irritating and just dumb."
- "Dear Mrs. Jake Bell, Have you done the book called Captain Under Pants?"
- "Eh, you know, you're my friend so I figured I'd buy it and try to help support you or whatever. It was only six bucks."
- "I'd rather get some more Puppy Place books."